Monday, August 23, 2010

Check yo' sources

Lately I've been frustrated with people bitching about things they don't understand.  How do you know something doesn't work when you haven't even researched as to how it supposedly works?  How do you know a religion preaches violence when you've never cracked open its holy text?  How do you know the hidden meaning behind something when you can't even be arsed to check google or wikipedia (let alone read an actual book on the subject).  Do you really think dismissive, uninformed soundbites from the opposition are considered good research?  Come on - don't fall for the friggin' strawman. 


I'm not going to get into everything that's been vexing me, but I will share some links that illuminate a current popular news story as that's probably most relevant to the public interest out of everything I could potentially bitch about.

SatireHistory.
and now... one more.

1 comment:

  1. a_a I say we invent a perpetual energy generator, buy a satellite interwebs link and go be hermits in an undisclosed location. Who's with me?

    ReplyDelete