Friday, May 28, 2010

The Tarot Bag Experiment



Can you handle all these posts in one day?!

Hah, like anyone besides my friends reads this blog yet.

I finished the first tarot bag today.  I think it's really cute, but I accidentally sewed the strings on the inside.  I might cut slits in the side for them, but I'm afraid they'd fray without reinforcing... which might prove a challenge at this stage.  It still closes just fine so I'm not too concerned.
To give you an idea of the size, I used my main tarot deck - the Lord of the Rings deck from U.S. Games - to judge when cutting the fabric.  See my babies on the right there?  I've had them since 1993.  I still love them like no other.

The bag is lined with super soft velvety fabric.  Black, of course.  The strings are a little on the long side, but they have a nice cauterized edge that I don't want to lose.  I tossed some charms on them as well to make it extra snazzy.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment